For a cheap and healthy lunch on the go, this raw chopped vegetable salad has you covered. Brussels sprouts, beets, carrots and jalapeño offer complementary textures and flavors while the garlic-yogurt vinaigrette packs a refreshing punch. Add crunchy croutons for good measure, and you get a clean eating favorite you can enjoy anywhere, anytime!
Ingredients list for the beet brussels sprout salad
- 1/2 lb (220g) Brussels sprouts, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 medium raw beet, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- Homemade croutons
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced and seeded
The garlic yogurt vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
1. In a mason jar, combine all ingredients for the vinaigrette. Give it a good shake and let sit in the refrigerator to allow the dressing infuse with garlic.
2. Put the ingredients for the salad except croutons and jalapeño in a food processor and process quickly using the shred mode. Transfer to a large bowl or shallow plate.
3. Remove garlic from the vinaigrette and pour over the salad. Toss with croutons and jalapeño and serve in individual bowls or plates. Enjoy!
Note: To make croutons: dice slices of fresh or stale bread, toss them in oil, salt and pepper then toast in the oven at 400°F(200°C) for 6-7 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.