Have you ever made a chocolate coffee cake? The main principle of this cake is to prepare the batter with instant coffee, then throwing a chocolate bar in the middle of baking. This chocolate heart will melt slowly and blend with the spongy coffee dough. I promise you that you will have a great time sharing this lovely cake for tea-time!
Preparation time: 15 minutes – Cooking time: 35 to 45 min
Ingredient list for chocolate coffee cake recipe
Serves 6 :
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (200g) sugar
- 7 ounces (200g) butter
- 1/3 pint (170ml) of water
- 2 bars of chocolate
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 cups (200g) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (11g – 1 packet)
1. Beat the eggs and sugar until it gets fluffy.
2. Add the butter, beat them all and pour 1/3 pint (170ml) of water with instant coffee.
3. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix everything well.
4. Pour into greased cake pan and bake at 360°f (180°c). Just 10 minutes after placing in the oven, throw chocolate bars in the middle of the cake. It is cooked when a knife is no longer wet when you pick the cake with it.
5. Serve with a good coffee liqueur.
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)