Another cool dinner ideas for hot days—This refreshing gazpacho if filled with generous chunks of summer vegetables and balanced with the crunch of toasted almonds. A crowd-pleaser you’ll make over and over.
- 3 1/2 pounds (1,75kg) Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups, tomato juice
- 1 small zucchini or cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves
- Toasted almonds
1. In a large bowl mix together tomatoes, tomato juice, cucumber, red pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, lime juice, balsamic vinegar, cumin, salt, black pepper and cilantro. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the flavors blend.
2. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with basil, toasted almonds and remaining diced vegetables.