On a hot summer evening, this chilled cantaloupe soup with mint makes a great first course or a refreshing main dish when coupled with a crisp salad and croutons.
Ingredients list for theChilled Cantaloupe Soup
- 1 melon cantaloupe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 oz (30g) salt
- 1 coffee spoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Fresh mint, chopped
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Cut melon in quarters and remove seeds. Scoop out the flesh with a melon baller and set aside. Save a few lemon balls for garnish, if you want.
2. Place the melon in a food processor or blender. Add oil, salt, pepper and honey. Pulse on low until desired consistency is reached; do not overprocess.
3. Put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes before serving.
4. Just before serving, garnish the soup with chopped mint, black pepper and a drizzle olive oil.