Just like a monday morning, oatmeal by no means needs to be dull and boring. So spark up your breakfast and start your day in a nourishing way with this banana oats porridge! Toasted almonds add all the crispness you need to wake up while maple syrup rounds up this wholesome morning delight with a sweet note.
Ingredients list for the banana oatmeal porridge
Yield: 2 servings
- 2/3 cup (50g) of Oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup (300ml) of milk (almond milk or hazelnut milk are great)
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of slivered almonds
- Maple syrup
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Dry-toast the almonds in a skillet, without adding any fat.
2. In a small saucepan, simmer milk, and oats for 3-5 minutes stirring continuously until mixture is thick. Meanwhile, cut banana into slices.
3. Add sliced banana on top and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Transfer to bowls or shallow plates, sprinkle toasted almonds and add a drizzle of maple syrup.
(photo by Nina Palmer)