Ingredients list for the Bacon & Cheddar Puff Pinwheels
Makes approx. 18-20 pinwheels:
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough (homemade recipe here)
- 8 to 10 strips of bacon
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Roll out the puff pastry and place a single layer of bacon. Top with shredded cheese, sprinkle with pepper, then roll up the pastry lengthwise.
2. Once your dough is rolled, wrap it tightly and place into the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes before slicing. This will make it firmer for better slices. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 380°F (190°C).
3. Remove from refrigerator. Using a serrated knife begin slicing rolls into 1/2 inch width and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake at 380°F (190°C) for about 15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly before serving.