Ingredient list for the bruschetta
For 2 servings
- 2 1/2-inch thick slices of sourdough bread; or whatever bread you like
- 2 large tablespoons heavy cream or creme fraiche
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- Feta cheese, crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Chives, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. In a bowl, combine minced shallot and chopped chives with heavy cream.
2. In a skillet, saute the zucchini slices with olive oil. Saute the onion in another skillet.
3. Spread the shallot, chives and cream mixture onto slices of bread. Then add a layer of zucchini slices, then tomato slices, feta ad onion. Sprinkle with chives and fresh chopped basil leaves.
Note: You can serve the bread slices with a salad.