Here’s an original and delicious fish dish for you: you all know the bolognese pasta with meat? You really should try these fish bolognese pasta because you will see that this recipe is really simple to make, light and tasty.
White fish fillets will be cooked in a court-bouillon which is made from a typical vegetable broth. Then cooked fish will be added to a tomato sauce to make the bolognese. It’s up to you to make the tomato sauce by your own or not, but believe me that it tastes always better when you do it by yourself!
For one time, try to change from the traditional Bolognese sauce, you won’t regret it!
Ingredients list: Bolognese Fish Pasta
For about 3 people
- 1lb (400g) tagliatelle (more or less depending on your appetite)
- 1lb (400g) white fish fillets
- 1 can of tomato sauce (quite big) or follow this recipe to make your own (so don’t add the cube stock when cooking).
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cube stock
- 1 pinch of cumin
- A few leaves of basil
- For the court bouillon
- Olive oil
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
For 1 liter of broth:
- 2 pints (1 liter) of water
- 4 1/2 to 5 ounces (125 to 150g) of carrots
- 4 1/2 to 5 ounces (125 to 150g) of onions
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme, bay leaf)
- 1/2 cup (100mL) white wine or 1/4 cup (50 mL) vinegar
- A few peppercorns and 1 bird pepper
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
Cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
Cooking the fish in a court bouillon:
Slice the onions as shown here.
Put together salt, carrots and bouquet garni in a pot of water.
Add white wine.
Add bird pepper(s) if you decide to use them instead of peppercorn.
Bring to a boil and cook fish over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
Add onions and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
If you choose to use peppercorns: grind and add them at the end of cooking, off the heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
Preparing the bolognese fish sauce
After cooking the fish, mash the fillets with a fork.
In a saucepan put the olive oil heat the tomato sauce, the cube stock (don’t add it if you cooked the sauce by yourself) and the flaked fish. Cook for about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper, add a pinch of cumin.
At the last minute add the chopped basil.
Serve immediately with grated cheese, parmesan cheese… or nothing!