Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole – The combination of goat cheese, strawberries, cilantro, avocado, sprinkled with paprika make this guacamole extra creamy and fresh, with a sweet note that will dazzle your guest for a last-minute appetizer… Or a delicious spread on a sandwich for lunch!
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole
Makes about 2 cups
- 2 ripe medium-large avocados (or 3 small avocados), halved, pitted and scooped
- 1 oz (30g) fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 coffee spoon smoked paprika (or red chili flakes if you like it with a spicy kick)
- 4 ounces (120g) ripe strawberries, diced, plus a little extra for garnish
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. In a bowl, mash avocados with a potato masher or a fork until coarsely mashed.
2. Add lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and strawberries. Mix until incorporated. Season to taste with paprika, salt and black pepper.
3. Sprinkle with additional chopped strawberries for garnish serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Notes: You can make the strawberry guacamole ahead of time and cover with plastic wrap pressed directly in contact with the surface and refrigerate for up to 3 hours, until ready to serve.