Are you up for a soft strawberry clafoutis? This dessert is simply beautiful, quick and easy to make, with beautiful fragrant strawberries. Let’s celebrate this spring fruit with a mouthwatering dessert! Use your fanciest ramekins and serve these clafoutis for dessert, with coffee or at tea-time.
Ingredients list for the strawberry clafoutis
Serves 4 :
- 1/2 lb (250g) strawberries
- 1 cup (25cl) of milk
- 1 1/2 cup (140g) flour
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (100g) Sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- A knob (20g) of butter
1. Prepare a regular pancake batter: In a bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt, and make a well.
2. Break the eggs, stir and gradually add the warm milk.
3. Butter four ramekins, and then place the strawberries at the bottom, packing them a little.
4. Pour the batter in the ramekins and bake the clafoutis for 20 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
5. Sprinkle icing sugar when taking the ramekins out of the oven
Note: You can add dried fruits such as prunes or replace the strawberries with apple cubes.