Quick, easy and wonderfully crunchy! This peanut butter cookies recipe is great for kids that are just learning to bake. Plus they hold easily in any school lunch box!
Ingredient list for the peanut butter cookies recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (180g) peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Dust a large baking sheet with flour, or line with parchment paper.
2. Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
3. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, evenly spaced. If you don’t have a cookie scoop, just drop the dough with a spoon and slightly flatten with your hand.
4. Flatten the balls of cookie dough with of a fork, making a cross pattern—this is usually the part when kids are happy to help you! (if sticky dip fork in flour).
5. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 8 minutes then cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Don’t over-bake because these cookies are best when still soft and just barely brown on the bottoms.
(Photography: C. Cherrier)