Want a stylish yet simple starter to do for a dinner? You definitely need sea scallops somewhere in your dish! Here’s a very simple recipe that combines a fragrant white wine sauce with leeks, carrots and saffron with sea scallops and shrimps. These elegant mini-casseroles will be greatly appreciated by your guests!
Ingredients list for the sea scallops & shrimp casserole recipe
- 2/3 lb (300g) sea scallops
- 7 oz (200g) cooked peeled shrimp tails
- 1 carrot
- 1 leeks
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1/3 lb (150g) butter
- 2 egg yolks
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Peel the carrots and cut them into very small cubes. Clean the leeks and slice thinly. Sweat slowly the leek and carrot in a pan with a knob of butter. Add the saffron.
2. In another pan, put the white wine and gently reduce until it becomes almost dry. Off the heat, add the two egg yolks and whisk vigorously to emulsify the mixture. Slowly add melted butter, whisking constantly. Season, and then add the leeks and carrots.
3. In small gratin dishes, place the sea scallops and cooked shrimp tails, pour sauce over and bake in a very hot oven for 5 to 6 minutes. After taking them out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped chervil. Enjoy your meal!