Smothered in a light and flavorful yogurt sauce, this salmon steak in the skillet or on the grill will literally melt in your mouth. The salmon steak recipe is almost impossible to mess up and is quick enough to have it table ready in less than 20 minutes.
Ingredients list for the grilled salmon steak
For the salmon
- 2 thick salmon steaks
- Vegetable oil
- Coarse salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
For the yogurt cilantro sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 lime + juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes or paprika (optional)
1. Combine the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper.
2. Taste the sauce and season or rectify the flavors as you wish. More lemon, more cilantro, more pepper… Adjust until you want to eat it by the spoonful!
The salmon steak
1. Heat a skillet or griddle over medium fire. Brush salmon steaks on both sides with oil; sprinkle with coarse salt and black pepper. You can remove the skin if you don’t want it.
2. Grill salmon until golden and just cooked in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plates and drizzle with lemon juice. Spoon the cilantro sauce over salmon steaks and sprinkle with pepper flakes or additional seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately with lime wedges alongside.