Light, melting, with a mellow chestnut-like flavor, raw red Kuri squash is totally surprising in this seasonal salad. The tangerine vinaigrette adds just enough tanginess to make it more interesting while pistachios add the crunch we need to round up this raw, healthy lunch, perfect to enjoy on the go.
Ingredient list for the raw Pumpkin Cheese and Tangerine Salad
- ½ medium red Kuri squash or pumpkin, seeded
- 3 oz (80g) Gruyère or Comté cheese (or any good quality Swiss)
- Juice of 5 tangerines
- 4 to 5 tablepoons olive oil
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper
- Roasted pistachios for garnish
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Wash and dry the red Kuri squash. Peel the skin with a vegetable peeler and cut in thin strips using a julienne peeler or a grater. Set aside in a large bowl.
2. Combine tangerine juice with olive oil, salt and pepper to make the sauce.
3. Drizzle red Kuri squash with the sauce, toss with julienned cheese shavings and pistachios and serve.