We don’t know if we should qualify this recipe as an appetizer or a dessert, but it’s what it makes its charm! The sweetness of apple and pumpkin blend perfectly for an unexpected seasonal association.
Ingredients list for Apples and Pumpkin Cream Verriness
For 8 verrines:
- ½ pumpkin
- 2 apples
- 3/4 cup (15 cl) of light cream
- 8 salted and smoked almonds
- Butter, salt, pepper
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Wash and drain the pumpkin. Cut into pieces and place in a saucepan. Cover with cold water, add salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes at a simmer. Drain and mix in you blender. Remove and let cool.
2. Cut the apples in half and remove the core. Chop into small cubes. In a skillet, melt a knob of butter. Cook the diced apples for 5 minutes. Stir regularly. Remove and allow to cool. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Whip the very cold cream to obtain a whipped cream. (whipped cream recipe here). Salt slightly to finish.
4. Pour each mixture in verrine glasses. Top with whipped cream and place an almond. Your verrines are ready!
- It is not necessary to peel the squash and apples.
- To succeed in making a whipped cream, it is necessary that the cream is very cold. Beat it in a cold bowl that you have placed in the refrigerator or in the freezer one hour before. Place your whisk in a cold place too! While beating the cream, you can place the bowl on a plastic bag filled with ice cubes to maintain it.