Lasagna is perhaps one of the most well loved Italian meals for nearly every family. A different take on this familiar dish, this open lasagna with salmon and broccoli is the perfect recipe when you feel like a light dinner. Light but filling, this dish is a complete meal in itself: salmon filled with Omega 3, iron and fiber rich broccoli, dairy, starch. Absolutely perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner.
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients list for the salmon broccoli lasagna
- 3/4 lb (350g) spaghetti or lasagna
- 1 1/3 lbs (600g) skinless salmon fillet
- 1 1/4 lbs (500g) broccoli
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/4 cup (30cl) of cream
- 3/4 cup (150g) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
1. Peel the broccoli and divide florets, wash them. Cut the salmon into large regular cubes. Rinse dill, pat dry and chop.
2. In a large pot, bring 3 liters of salted water to a boil. Dip the lasagna sheets and cook as mentioned on the package (from 8 to 12 minutes). Taste to check doneness.
3. Meanwhile, cook the broccoli in boiling salted water for 6 minutes, then drain. Heat the cream in a small saucepan with half the Parmesan, add dill and mix.
4. In a skillet, sear salmon cubes for 3 minutes over high heat with a little olive oil, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Drain the lasagna and line the bottom of pre-heated plates, add the diced salmon, broccoli and hot dill cream on top. Serve immediately with parmesan in a bowl. Pair with a good white wine. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Eleonora