This hearty paleo beef chili, made without beans is a nutrient-packed powerhouse. Fresh ground beef is simmered with a flavorful blend of carrots, onions, celery and bell peppers, and served in a thick chili sauce.
Ingredients list for the paleo beef chili
- 1 lb (450g) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1. In a 5-6 quart large pot, heat oil and brown beef and garlic. Cook over medium heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and browned. Drain off excess fat and set aside.
2. In the same pot, heat a tablespoon oil and cook carrots for 2 minutes, then add onions, bell peppers, celery, and seasoning spices and cook until translucent over medium-high heat, about 10 minutes, making sure you stir everything well.
3. Add the tomato paste and stir well to combine. Add tomato puree and bring everything to a boil, stirring frequently. Add cooked ground beef and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, adding water if necessary.
4. Check on the mixture every so often, stirring and adjusting seasoning as you go. Serve and enjoy immediately!