This spiced hot chocolate is the kind you could sip by the fire on a cool winter night and it would warm you to the bones. Perfect for the Holidays, kids and adults will simply love it!
Ingredients list for the hot chocolate with Christmas spice
Yield: 2 mugs
- 1 3/4 cup (400ml) milk (or almond milk)
- 2.5 oz (70 g) dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 cardamom seed
- Mini marshmallows
1. Heat milk gently in a saucepan and add the spices. Bring gently to a boil then cut the heat. Allow the spices to infuse for 10 minutes.
2. Filter the milk and discard the spices. Put back into the saucepan along with chocolate and cocoa powder. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly. Divide between two mugs and enjoy with sugar and marshmallows!