Figs are in. Now. Right this minute. Harvested in the late summer, fresh figs and walnuts always signal the arrival of fall. And this salad is pure Fall bliss when figs are ripe and abundant. The peppery bite of the arugula pairs well with the sweetness of the ripe figs, the balsamic dressing adds a bit of a bite to the leaves. Figs are currently in season and it appears this window doesn’t last very long. So our suggestion is: head to your farmers markets and stock up so you can make this perfect salad before the season is over!
Ingredients you will need: Figs Salad with Apples
For 4 people:
- 1/3 lb (150g) of arugula
- 2 green apples
- 8 wallnuts
- 10 white grapes
- 4 fresh figs
- 4 slices of air-ried ham
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard
- Salt and pepper
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Wash and dry the arugula.
2. Wash grapes and cut them in half, making sure to remove the seeds.
3. Wash and cut the figs in 4.
4. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes.
5. Crack walnuts and extract the kernels.
6. Arrange the ingredients on individual plates.
7. For the dressing, mix 1 tablespoon of mustard with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the dressing over the salad. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. It’s ready!
Tip: You can replace arugula with mesclun salad or lamb’s lettuce. And don’t forget to check our figs cookbook selection!