Adelicious fish recipe, ideal for a quick weeknight dinner. Poaching fish is the most effective way to preserve its freshness. A good white wine for the sauce guarantee a perfect blend of flavors
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients list for Poached Fish Fillets White Wine
- 2 lbs (1 kg) fish fillets, cod type, whiting and flounder
- 2 chopped shallots
- Fennel, chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 handful fava beans, blanched
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 3/4 cup (20 cl) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons of fresh herbs: parsley or tarragon
- 5 spices mix
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminium Foil
Preparation: Fish Fillets Poached in White Wine
1. Preheat your oven to 350 °F (175°C).
2. Season the fish fillets with salt, pepper and fresh herbs.
3. Butter a baking dish. Place the vegetables and the fish fillets.
4. Cover with white wine.
5. Bring to a simmer.
6. Cover the top of the dish with aluminum foil.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Remove all liquid and place in a small saucepan. You can use it for a sauce: according to your taste you can add seasoning or cream.
Suggested wine: Dry white wine: a Sauvignon Blanc will be perfect. A Muscadet will also fit.