Similar to spelt and barley, with a tender texture on the inside, farro is hearty enough to fill you up, and delivers myriad benefits to your body.
Delicious with many different vegetables, meat and poultry, farro is versatile and its possible uses are endless. And, just like quinoa, it can take on the flavor of almost any mix-in or dressing. With its slightly nutty taste, it should be just tender to the bite if you cook it cooked properly.
To whet your appetite, here we share ten of our favorite food bloggers recipes with farro. Let’s get cooking!
1. Farro Fava Bean Soup – Recipe Rebuild
2. Mushroom Farro Soup – Apple a Day
3. Pumpkin Vegetable Potage with Toasted Farro – Blue Apron
4. Pumpkin farro field roast stew – Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes
5. Farro salad with roasted vegetables – Generation Y Foodie
6. Farro Pilaf – Taste Food Blog
7. Farro and Spiced Honey Salad with Sweet Potatoes, Apples, and Chestnuts – A Farm Girl’s Dabbles
8. Farro Risotto with Acorn Squash and Kale – Love and Olive Oil
9. Farro Risotto with Mushrooms and Sweet Corn – Eat Live Run
10. Italian Farro Salad – The Lily Pad Cottage