With healthy antioxidants, this Pomegranate Mojito Recipe is the perfect excuse to enjoy a glass (or two) in the kitchen with your best friend during the holiday festivities. How can you go wrong with that? If you’re short on time, you can skip the pomegranate syrup and buy it directly at the grocery store.
Ingredient list for the pomegranate mojito
Makes 4 glasses:
For the pomegranate syrup:
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
For the mojito:
- 1 cup (250ml) of white rum
- 3 limes
- A bunch of mint
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- About 25-30 pomegranate seeds
- Sparkling water
The pomegranate syrup:
1. Boil sugar and water in a sauce pan for 10 minutes
2. Add the pomegranate seeds off the heat and let sir overnight in the fridge.
1. Wash mint and cut limes into 8 wedges.
2. In a glass put the pieces of lemon, about a dozen mint leaves and a tablespoon of sugar.
3. Using a cocktail muddler, mash lemon and mint to extract the flavors.
4. Add about a tablespoon of filtered pomegranate syrup, 1/4 cup (70ml) rum for each glass and fill with ice cubes and sparkling water.