Lemon Mousse—This light and lemony dessert is a perfect sweet ending after a hearty dinner. So simple to make, it will go down a treat at your next dinner party! Good tip: Layer with blueberries and strawberries for a delicious parfait!
Ingredient list for the lemon mousses
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 (30g) cornflour
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
1. Separate egg whites from yolks and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, combine sugar, egg yolks, cornstarch and 1 or 2 tablespoon water (to help dilute sugar). Heat gently over low heat, constantly whisking. Add lemon juice and lemon zest and continue whisking until the curd starts to thicken—about 5 minutes. Do not overcook! Then remove the lemon curd from heat and refrigerate for 10-15minutes.
3. Meanwhile beat the 3 egg whites with a pinch of salt until frothy.
4. Gently fold the foamy egg whites into the lemon curd using a spatula.
5. pour in glasses, jars or ramekins, sprinkle with grated lime zest and pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate until serving.
(Photo: N. Palmer)