I could have named this recipe “How to recycle one or two apples forgotten at the bottom of the crisper.” An absolutely irresistible apple crumble combination with walnuts!
Ingredient list for the apple and walnuts crumble
For 2 people:
- 2 large apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- (50 g) of walnuts
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
For the dough:
- (50 g) of flour
- (50 g) cold butter into small pieces
- (50 g) brown sugar
1. Prepare the crumble by rubbing all the ingredients with your fingertips to get a homogeneous “sand” texture. Book it in a cool place.
2. Preheat oven to 390°f (200°c).
3. Peel, seed and cut the apples into slices. Not too thick but enough to keep well at cooking.
4. In a nonstick skillet, make apples drain their water out with sugar and sauté over high heat a few minutes, until they are browned and tender.
5. Arrange apples in individual molds, previously buttered.
6. Coarsely chop the walnuts and sprinkle with half of the apples and cover with the crumble topping. Finish with the remaining nuts.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes (the crumble should be golden).
Serve your apple crumble warm if possible …
If you want to learn to make a perfect crumble topping, here’s a “how to” guide in pictures.
Recipe Apple Nuts Crumble Inspired by tropchou