Juicy-crisp and savory, these country-style green beans make an awesome addition to any holiday table, weeknight dinner, or weekend feast. This version of the side dish is so quick to put together and capitalizes on the texture and taste of the green bean itself by keeping the ingredients list at a minimum.
Ingredients list for the Green Beans with Bacon Mushroom Sauce
- 1 pound (500g) green beans, trimmed and cleaned
- 3 slices bacon
- 4 ounces (120g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Put the green beans in a microwavable casserole with a lid, add few tablespoons water, cover, and microwave on high for 7 minutes.
2. Cut the bacon into small pieces and put it in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until it starts to get crispy. Set bacon aside and drain a bit of bacon fat. Add butter in the skillet and cook mushrooms until they get soft and colored. Set mushrooms aside with bacon.
3. Meanwhile, green beans should be cooked, if they’re still underdone, microwave them for 4 or 5 minutes more after stirring. When they are tender-crisp, remove from the microwave, drain and stir them in the skillet along with bacon and mushrooms. Stir in the lemon juice, and cook for two minutes more to combine the flavors. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately. Enjoy!