Here is a classic recipe for Christmas cookies sprinkled with candied fruit and almonds. These crunchies are perfect for hanging on the branches of the Christmas tree. Kids will love them for sure!
Ingredients list for Christmas Cookies With Candied Fruits:
Note: I used a mug cup, approx. 150 ml instead of a regular measuring cup.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Two and a half cups of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped candied fruit
- Some chopped almonds
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough beater, work the butter and sugar on medium speed until you get a light and fluffy texture. Do this for about 2 minutes.
2. Add milk and vanilla. Reduce speed and gradually add the flour, salt, candied fruit, and chopped almonds.
3. Gather the dough on the work surface and form a ball. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate until it gets firm; about 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 360°f (180°c).
5. Divide the dough into pieces and spread them on a lightly floured worktop.
6. Using a pastry cutter, cut out shapes. Gather the trims to make another ball of dough that you spread once more to make more cookies without any loss.
7. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 7-8 minutes, rotating the baking sheets at midterm. Remove from oven and let them cool on a rack.