If you’re too lazy or pushed for time to cook yourself a dessert, and you still have few clementines in the fruit basket, this recipe is for you.
This nice indulgence won’t disappoint. The fruits are almost candied in orange juice and sugar. You’ll be surprised by the slight hint of caramel. This lovely dessert is a good way to put a little color in your glasses.
Preparation time: 10 min – Cooking time: 10 min + 10 min – Cost: easy and affordable
Ingredient list for caramelized clementine dessert
For 6 people:
- 6 clementines
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup (30cl) orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom seeds
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. In a non-stick pan, make a clear caramel by heating brown sugar (do not use water). Off the heat, add the lemon and orange juice. Cover immediately.
2. Allow to sizzle, then mix well with a wooden spoon. Add peeled clementines (keep them whole) and spices. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn clementines, leave to cook again for 10 minutes more.
Presentation in the glass
Drain and place each clementine in a glass (martini glasses give a nice effect). Reduce their juices to get a syrup that you can pour over the fruit. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Prepare in the morning to have them ready for lunch, well chilled!