This stuffed whole cauliflower makes for an incredible dinner any night of the week. Cook a head of cauliflower in water and lemon juice, then stuff with a mixture of meat, veggies, and plenty of spices. Finish by roasting in the oven with a good sprinkle of parmesan and breadcrumbs and you’ll end up with a filling main course that’s packed with flavor.
Ingredients list for the stuffed cauliflower
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 lb (500g) ground beef
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 lbs (500g) tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig of flat parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup (150ml) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
1. Preheat you oven to 400°F (200°C). Cook cauliflower in boiling water with lemon juice for 8 minute. Meanwhile, rinse and dice tomatoes, bell pepper and onion.
2. Combine ground meat with veggies and add garlic. Chop parsley and add it to the mix with egg and soy sauce. Mix well, then season with salt, pepper and paprika, mix again and set aside.
3. Drain the cauliflower. Trim the stem then stuff with the meat and veggies mixture. Be careful not to break the florets.
4. Pour vegetable broth in a baking dish, arrange the stuffed cauliflower and bake for about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and breadcrumbs 10 minutes before the end of cooking. Cut in half or quarters and serve hot.