Wonderful fall flavors wrapped up in a puffed pie crust package! These turkey hand pies are easy to make and everyone can customize their own. Portable for lunch and quick to reheat, it’s also a great way to remix your Thanksgiving leftovers!
Ingredients list for the turkey hand pies
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts – about 2/3 lb (300g), thinly diced
- 3 sheets puff pastry (or make your own, follow this homemade puff pastry recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150g) of button mushrooms, diced
- 2 cups of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- Salt & pepper
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cook onion in a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Cook for about 3 minutes. Add carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes before adding mushrooms.
2. Add diced turkey breasts and mix well. Add parsley, season with salt and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add fresh cracked pepper and set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, cut pie crust into 4 medium discs per sheet, making 12 discs total. You can use a bowl to make a regular cut. Arrange 4 pie circles on a lined baking sheet and brush with egg yolk. Spoon the chicken filling onto discs, leaving plenty of room to seal the dough easily.
4. Top with the remaining three circles. Pinch sides together and press with a fork or the back of a knife blade around the perimeter to make a seam. Brush egg yolk over tops of pastries and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
Get more puff pastry recipes ideas
- Puff Pastry Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Ham and Cheese Pizza Roll-Ups
- Ham Cheese & Spinach Puffs
- Puff Pastry Bell Pepper Poppers
- Carrot Mushroom Turkey Hand Pies
- Roasted Tomato Pie with Pesto & Mozzarella
- Easy Pizza Croissants
- Salmon Tomato Puff Pastry Pizza
- Tuna & Cheese Puff Sticks
- Sweet Puff Bread
- Chocolate Chips Puff Pastry Sticks
- Pork Empanadas with White Wine
- Salmon Pie with Potatoes & Spinach
- Elephant Ears Puff Pastry
- Olives and Tomatoes Puff Twists