Looking for an hearty and comforting accompaniment to serve pasta? Try these spicy meatballs flavored with coriander, cinnamon, cumin and red chili pepper. Not too hot, they are perfect for a weeknight dinner and will please both kids and parents!
Ingredients list for Spicy Beef Meatballs
- 1 2/3 lbs (750g) ground beef
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 10 cloves
- A little red chili pepper puree
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb (400g) peeled tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in a pan, add the cinnamon and cloves, fry for 30 seconds to 1 minute to extract the flavor of the spices, and then fry the onion.
2. Add crushed garlic, cumin, coriander, chili, salt and pepper and sauté for 2 minutes over low heat, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if the mixture becomes sticky.
3. Add tomatoes and their juice. Cover and simmer while preparing meatballs.
4. Form balls the size of a large walnut, and then place them gently into the sauce on a single layer.
5. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
6. Put a few leaves of cilantro on top before serving with your favorite pasta.
(Photo by Marie)