The perfect appetizer for your end-of-summer backyard parties! Serve this fabulously creamy sun-dried tomatoes dip with homemade sesame puff sticks for a crisp touch.
For the dip:
- 7 ounces (200g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) cream cheese
- 3 1/2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the puff sticks:
- 1 puff pastry sheet (homemade recipe here)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- Sesame seeds
The puff sticks:
1. Fold the puff pastry sheet in 2 or 4, then cut sticks with a large knife. Brush with the beaten egg yolk then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
2. Bake at 360°F (180°C) until puffed and golden.
1. Combine all the ingredients except salt and pepper into a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the sesame puff sticks.