Eggs are a wonderfully nutritious and versatile for the quickest of meals. This scrambled egg recipes with tomato and chives is an easy way to prepare an quick lunch or snack that you can eat ‘on the go’. The Shaoxing wine adds an unexpected asian touch to this very simple and nutritive dish while chives are all about punch and freshness.
Ingredients list for Scrambled Eggs with Tomato and Chive
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 coffee spoon Shaoxing wine
- Sesame oil
- Sugar, salt, Sichuan pepper
- Chinese chives, minced (or regular chives)
1. Break the eggs in a bowl, beat them lightly with chopsticks or a fork. Add the minced chives, wine, a little oil, a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat a wok or a skillet, lightly oil with a paper towel. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir with a spatula to scramble. Once eggs are cooked, set aside on a plate.
3. In the same wok or skillet, put a little oil, and cook tomato very briefly with a pinch of sugar — from 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add the eggs back. Mix quickly, remove from heat.
4. transfer on a plate and sprinkle with chives. Serve with rice leftover for a quick snack!