Here’s a quick and easy way to cook potatoes to accompany roast beef, lamb leg or any other meat; whatever you feel like! Throw some potatoes, butter, and herbs in your favorite frying pan and it’s ready for a real feast. You must choose small and young potatoes because they cook evenly and have this little sweet taste that goes so well with butter and herbs.
Ingredients list for sauteed potatoes
For 4 persons:
- 2 lbs (1 kg) of small new potatoes
- 1 bunch of chives
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 3/4 ounces (50 g) butter
- Salt and pepper
1. Wash the potatoes. No need to peel them because you will lose the flavor. Put them in a saucepan filled with cold water. Salt. Bring to a boil. Drain potatoes when they are cooked.
2. Slightly crush the potatoes, just a little for fun so that the aromas of herbs penetrate well.
3. In a skillet, melt the butter, add the potatoes and brown them stirring gently so as not to break them and finish with a puree. Add chives, chopped rosemary and thyme leaves. Salt and pepper. It’s ready!
You can put the herbs you want with your sauteed potatoes, why not even a little mashed garlic or shallots, it is according to your taste but also depending of what you have at the moment… But be careful not to cover the smell of potatoes, it would be a shame!