This lightweight yet satisfying pie is a variation of the classic salmon and spinach quiche. If you’re looking for a no-headache recipe for your weeknight dinners, this might be for you!
Ingredients list for salmon pie with potatoes and spinach recipe
- 2 puff pastry sheets
- 2 potatoes
- 2 salmon steaks (about 400 gr, I take them with the skin, they are less dry)
- 7 ounces (200g) fresh spinach
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/3 fl oz(10 cl) of liquid cream
- 1 shallot
- Some fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
Put the potatoes in a saucepan, add salt, cover with water and cook for 10 minutes at boiling point. Drain and leave to cool.
2. Steam or braise the salmon for 10 minutes. There’s no need to overcook; just ensure the flesh flakes easily.
3. Wash and stem the spinach. Peel and finely chop the shallots. In a skillet, heat a little olive oil and sauté the shallots. When they get translucent, add the spinach, salt and pepper, then stir and cook until they start to reduce well (about 5 to 10 minutes). Leave to cool.
4. Place the first puff pastry in a pie pan on a baking sheet, and prick with a fork.
5. Peel and cut the potatoes into fairly thin slices and lay them on the dough. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Cut the salmon into pieces and cover the potatoes. Season.
7. In a bowl, beat the eggs with cream and add the washed and chopped parsley and the cooled and drained spinach. Mix together and pour over the salmon.
8. Cover with the second puff pastry. Close, rolling the edges of the two sheets together.
9. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
10. Beat the egg yolk with a tablespoon of water and brush the top of the pie.
11. Bake for 30 minutes and you’re set!