This spaghetti squash recipe smells improvisation: kind of “what if” idea… So, what if we replaced usual spaghetti pasta by baked spaghetti squash flesh to make a fragrant bolognese dish? So let’s take a deep dive into the unknown, at the end this recipe reveals to be a real treat, believe me!
Ingredient list for Spaghetti Squash with Bolognese Sauce
for 4-6 people
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb (400 g) of minced meat
- 1 onion
- 2 carrot
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 cases of tomato paste
- Olive oil
- 1 large can of peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- Few sprigs of parsley
- Salt, pepper, herbs de provence
Cook the squash:
There are three cooking methods:
- Boiling water: soak the pumpkin in a large pot of boiling water and cook for 20 to 40 min. The squash is normally cooked when you can easily pierce it with a knife.
- Oven: Cut squash in half, remove the central part with the seeds and place both halves in the oven for 20 min.
- In the microwave: pierce the squash, cook it intermittently for 10 minutes so not to burn it.
Baking allows a better control of the doneness, th
at’s why I prefer this method.
Cut squash in half, remove the central part with a large spoon (discard this part).
Remove the “spaghetti” filaments with a fork and book them.
Prepare the bolognese sauce:
Fry the carrots and slice the onion.
Briefly sauté the ground meat with onion and carrots.
Add the tomatoes.
Add the tomato paste and crushed garlic.
Simmer, covered a few minutes.
Add parsley, season then mix this sauce with spaghetti squash.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese just before serving the roasted spaghetti squash and enjoy!