Sophisticated enough for a delicious sunday supper yet quick enough for a weeknight dinner, this easy roasted chicken is packed with flavor. You’ll get a crisp skin and an extra tender meat powered by a spicy marinade. Serve up with rice or roasted new potatoes.
Ingredients list for the crispy chicken legs
- 2 skin-on, bone-less chicken legs
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 knob ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 limes, cut into wedges for serving
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), grill or broiler mode. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12″ cast-iron or heavy skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Arrange chicken legs in skillet, skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, until skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, prepare the instant marinade: in a shallow dish, combine garlic, ginger, olive oil, Sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, fish sauce, sat and pepper.
3. Transfer chicken into the marinade and coat well on each side. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
4. Transfer chicken into a roasting pan, skin side up, and cook in the bottom of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until skin crisps and meat is cooked through. Rub the skin with a little of the remaining marinade after 15 minutes of cooking. Let rest covered for 5 minutes before serving garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.
Note: If you want to debone the legs by yourself, cut down the length of the chicken drumstick and thigh until you reach the bones. Scrape the meat away from the bones so your can remove the bone by pulling it away.