Lightweight, yet incredibly tasteful, this roasted peach coconut ice cream is a 100% dairy free treat, perfect for summer. Roasting the peaches for this ice cream really deepens the flavors that will be greatly enhanced with hints of lavender. Enjoy with crunchy shortbread cookies to round-up this dessert.
Ingredient list for the Roast Peach ice Cream
- 2 can of full fat coconut milk
- 5-6 sprigs of thyme,
- 6 peaches, halved and pitted (keep the skin on)
- 5 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons raw honey (we recommend lavender honey)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Arrange the peaches in one layer on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of honey and roast peaches until golden and soft, about 25 minutes. Allow to cool, slice or roughly dice the peach halves and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, bring the milk, 5 tablespoons of honey and the thyme to a simmer. Then turn off the heat and let steep for 10-15 minutes.
4. Drain the thyme from the mixture and chill in your refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
5. Add the mixture to the ice cream maker and churn according to instructions.
6. Fold in the chopped roasted peaches and transfer into your ice cream mold(s).