Baked bacon and cheese sandwich — This is Heaven between two slices of bread. After the success of these melty baked ham and goat cheese sandwiches from last week, we had to give a try to a nice variation. An incredibly chunky and comforting recipe you can make in a cinch for a lazy day or just for fun! Pair it with a green salad for healthy crunch and you have a winner to put on the table for a quick family dinner.
Ingredient list for Baked Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches
Makes 6 sandwiches:
- 12 slices of bread
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup (20cl) of liquid cream
- 1 1/4 to 1 2/3 cups (150 to 200g) of grated cheese
- Ground black pepper, salt, garlic powder
- A dab of butter (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C).
2. Quickly cook bacon on the stove, drain the fat and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine cream with 3/4 of the grated cheese. Season to taste and mix well.
4. Top the first slice of bread with this preparation, place 2 slices of bacon on it, then another layer of cream and cheese. Finish by topping with the second bread slice.
5. Spread the remaining cream and cheese on top of the bread. Sprinkle a little cheese and a dab of butter for browning. Repeat the same process for the other sandwiches.
6. Bake in the oven at 390°F (200°C) until browned on top, about 12-15 minutes. Serve hot!
(Photos by Nina Palmer)