You need a pretty signature drink to celebrate the New Year, so do your guests a favor and stir up this classy raspberry champagne cocktail! This sparkly, refreshing drink is very easy to assemble and the homemade raspberry-blackberry syrup puts it into fancy party-worthy status.
Ingredients list for the Raspberry Champagne Cocktail
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed raspberries and blackberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (350ml) Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Fresh raspberries (for garnish)
1. Cook raspberries, blackberries, sugar, and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved and berries have released their color, 12–15 minutes. You do not have to reduce the liquid. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing the fruit, cover and allow to chill.
2. For each cocktail glass, add 2 tablespoons raspberry syrup, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and top with Champagne. Garnish with 2 raspberries and serve.