Perfect comfort food alert! These lovely stuffed peppers in puff pastry are so simple to make, so creamy and so fragrant; a sure hit for a hearty family dinner! For more convenience, you can assemble the peppers ahead of time and bake them at the last minute.
Rinse and cut the bell peppers in half and remove the core, seeds and trim the white pith.
In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon lardons, cheddar, Harissa and garlic.
Spoon this gorgeous cream cheese filling into bell pepper halves.
Wrap pastry pieces around your stuffed bell peppers and arrange them on a baking pan. Then you can brush with an egg yolk to give your poppers this beautiful golden color. Bake for 30 minutes and serve immediately.
Ingredients list for the stuffed bell pepper poppers
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1 or 2 sheet puff pastry, depending on the size of the bell peppers (homemade puff pastry recipe here)
- 8 ounces (200g) cream cheese
- ½ cup bacon cut into lardons
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Harissa or Sriracha sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 egg yolk
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Unfold puff pastry sheets and slice squares or triangles.
3. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, Harissa and garlic. Spoon the cream cheese filling into bell pepper halves.
4. Wrap pastry around stuffed peppers and arrange on a baking pan or baking sheet.
5. Whisk together egg yolk and 1 tablespoon water. Brush egg mixture over the poppers. Bake for 20-30 minutes, adding cheese on top of the poppers 5 minutes before the end of cooking time. Serve hot!