Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash—just looking at the ingredients in the title, you know you’ll love this. Count 15 minutes prep for this hearty dinner, made healthier with spaghetti squash. This is marvelous, and a really nice change from the traditional Alfredo pasta.
Cook time: 15 mins
Ingredients list for the Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash, approx. 1lb (450g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese for sauce and as topping (optional)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Slice both ends of the spaghetti squash and slice in half lengthwise. Scrape off the seeds with a spoon or melon baller and place in a microwave-safe baking dish or tupperware, skin facing up. Add one inch of water and heat in the microwave for 12 to 15 minutes, until the spaghetti squash is tender. Fluff and separate the strings with a fork and transfer to a bowl for later.
2. While the spaghetti squash is cooking in the microwave, heat the olive oil and butter in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken stock and turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
3. Add the spaghetti squash and cook for a couple of minutes. Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted. Add the sour cream and cook for 2 minutes more, constantly stirring.
4. Garnish with additional parmesan, parsley and pepper. Serve immediately.