Ice Cucumber Mousse, a fresh, light and tasty entry. Serve chilled in glass bowls, accompanied by fingers of garlic rubbed crostini. A treat!
Preparation: 14 minutes
Cooking time: 4 min
Ingredients Ice Cucumber Mousse
- 2 cucumbers, very firm
- 10 sprigs of chives
- 20 cl whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 garlic clove
- Black pepper from mill
An electric mixer or food processor
Preparation of cucumber mousse:
- Wash and peel the cucumbers. Then cut in lengthwise and remove seeds in the center. Then details the flesh into thick slices.
- Clean chives in cold water, then cut the strands into large pieces.
- Pour the cucumber and chives in a bowl of mixer, adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the mixture in a blender until smooth and homogeneous foam.
- Add salt and pepper, then stir in the cream mousse very cold, and mix again just for a moment.
- Then put the foam in the refrigerator while preparing garlic crostini.
Preparation of garlic crostini:
- Cut bread slices into long blotters.
- Sauté for 2 minutes on each side in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Peel the garlic clove, then rub each bread stick with garlic smelling.
Serve very cold cucumber mousse in glass bowls, accompanied by a few fingers of garlic rubbed crostini.
Ideas, tips & tricks
For variety, you can replace the chives with fresh mint and the dill and make the same recipe with peas or fennel in place of the cucumber.