This balsamic honey skillet chicken is everything you need for a busy weeknight dinner. 2 – 3 servings, 30 minutes only.
Ingredients list for the Balsamic Honey Skillet Chicken Legs
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 or 3 chicken legs (depends on your skillet size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & whole peppercorns, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a small bowl combine Balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, peppercorns (or fresh cracked pepper), garlic and rosemary. Puree with a blender until smooth and set aside.
2. Cut chicken legs. Season the chicken thighs and drumsticks with salt and fresh cracked pepper, all over and under the skin.
3. In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken skin side gets nicely browned. Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add the balsamic/honey mixture to the skillet. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
4. Transfer chicken to plate sand drizzle with pan juices. Enjoy!