These crispy chocolate crinkles are a holiday staple in winter, but these delicious cookies are great any time of the year. Extra soft, these devilishly scrumptious and cake-like cookies are rolled around in confectioner’s sugar. When they bake, the dough rises and the chocolate dough peeks out with little crinkled fissures beneath the white sugar.
Ingredients list for the chocolate crinkle cookies:
- 2 ounces (60g) of softened butter, diced
- 6 1/2 ounces (185g) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce (30g) dark chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp (40ml) of milk
- 1 3/4 cup (170g) flour (or gluten-free baking mix)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 coffeespoon baking powder
- 1/4 coffeespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 ounce(40g) chopped walnuts
- Confectioner’s sugar for the topping
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Work the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the mixture is light. Add the egg while beating, then the melted chocolate and milk.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa, and cinnamon; mix well. Add the nuts.
3. Keep in a cool place for 3 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 360°f (180°c). Form small balls of dough like the size of a tablespoon, then coat them generously with icing sugar. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 8 minutes if you’re making gluten free cookies (baking time is a bit longer for wheat flour cookies).
5. Let stand for 3 minutes and put to cool on a rack.
Tip: Start with a small batch to define your ideal cooking time; cookies should not be overcooked or they will all dry. They must be cracked and icing sugar should remain very white. Once cooled, your chocolate crinkle cookies should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.