This recipe will change the way you usually eat chickpeas. These chickpeas patties flavored with cumin and decorated with ham are delicious; perfect for a picnic or for lunch, or even dinner in the evening. Vegetarians can skip the chopped ham! Accompany it with a lemony yogurt sauce; it’s scrumptious!
Ingredients list for Chickpea Patties recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) chopped ham
- 1 lb (400g) canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a skillet, melt the onion over medium heat for 5 minutes in a tablespoon of olive oil.
2. Add the potato, cumin and ham. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour into a container.
4. Add mashed chickpeas, flour, parsley and egg, then mix well.
5. Moisten your fingers and shape 8 patties.
6. In a skillet, cook the patties over medium heat, about 5 minutes on each side in hot oil.
7. Serve hot or warm.