French Cheese: Pear and Bleu des Causses
“It’s a beautiful delicacy dish that combines the sweetness and power of the blue cheese with the slightly sweet tenderness of pears cooked in the Floc de Gascogne you can replace with Pineau des Charentes. An original way to make cheese.”
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 20 min
Ingredients Pear and Bleu des Causses
Serves 4 persons:
200 g Blue des Causses
50 g butter
50 g of sugar powder
½ l water
20 cl Floc de Gascogne
Preparation of ingredients
- Peel the pears, cut into 2 and core them.
- In a saucepan, add 25g sugar and water, cook the sugar to dissolve and remove the pear halves and cook them by keeping them firm.
- Handle the Bleu of the Causses cheese and ¾ of the butter and form 4 dumplings and keep them refrigerated.
- Melt the remaining butter in a frying pan, pour in the remaining sugar.
- Place the pear halves and add the Floc. Cook gently until the pears are a caramel color.
- Each plate, place a pear half, a scoop of blue and drop a few drops of syrup.