There’s just something magic about a simple rustic tart from the oven. Stripped down to the essentials, this apple tart brings the sweet generosity of apples on a crunchy tart shell to remind us of the flavors of childhood. No need to abandon the food you love if you are dairy intolerant, this recipe substitutes oil to butter and is totally egg-free.
Ingredients list for the Apple Tart
- 6 apples
- Cane sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup (75ml) olive oil (you can replace the oil of your choice)
- 1/3 cup (75ml) water
- A pinch of salt
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Place the flour, sugar, oil, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is just combined. Add water tablespoon by tablespoon to get a good consistency.
2. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 340°F (170°C).
3. Spread the dough on a floured surface and line the bottom of a rectangular pie pan.
4. Peel and slice apples, place them on the tart shell and sprinkle with sugar. You can decorate the tart with unused dough.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 340°F (170°C).
Note: You can add your own twist with other seasonal fruits.
(Picture by Nina Palmer)