Sometimes all we want to do is to come home, put on some comfy clothes and crawl under a blanket to read the afternoon away. Does this sound familiar to you?
Perfect for warming you up on a cold winter day, this corn, potato, and bacon soup is exact right thing after a long drive, when you’re back home craving comforting but healthy food. We all know bacon just makes everything taste better, and this corn chowder is no exception! The combination of the salty bacon and the sweet corn is just amazing. Make a larger batch and you’ll have leftover soup the next day that tastes even better!
Ingredients lits for the corn potato and bacon soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small can of corn
- 1 coffeespoon flour
- 2 pints (1 liter) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250mL) milk
- 3 large potatoes
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 1/3 lb (150g) grated cheese
- Salt , pepper, nutmeg
1. Cut the onion and leeks into small pieces. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sweat the onion and leek for 5 minutes over medium heat. They should become transparent but not brown. Then add garlic and corn and cook for a few minutes.
2. Still over medium heat, sprinkle with flour and stir to coat the ingredients. Then slowly pour the broth and milk over. Add the pieces of potato, salt, pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the bacon into small pieces and fry in a skillet.
4. When the potatoes are cooked and the soup has thickened, remove from heat, add cheese and fried bacon.
5. Serve and enjoy quickly!
(Image En Gourmandise)