Healthy, delicious and crunchy. This easy red cabbage salad is a true healing cocktail. Perfect for a quick lunch on the go or a fresh dinner starter, this tangy raw slaw is also supremely cleansing.
Ingredients list for the red cabbage salad
Makes 2 large or 4 small servings
For the salad:
- 1/4 head red cabbage, thinly shredded—you can do this easily with a vegetable peeler
- 1 apple, thinly sliced in sticks
- Chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- 1 yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Combine the red cabbage, apple, pomegranate seeds and chives in a large bowl.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl. Add a few tablespoons of water to thin if necessary.
3. Divide the cabbage salad into individual bowls, top with remaining chives and pomegranate. Drizzle with yogurt sauce before serving.