Sink your teeth into these mini Bundt Cakes, and take a moment to experience its subtle shifts in sweetness. Chestnuts are pretty unique compared to other nuts. So sweet, they have an extremely nutty, earthy smell, it gives a irresistibly moist texture and creamy sweetness to this cakes. Oven-baked with a blend of wheat and chestnut flour and crushed dark chocolate, these mini-cakes are perfect for breakfast, a snack or even dessert… Try them when hosting your next get-together to give your dinner a powerful sweet boost. Super simple and super delicious! Chestnut flour is still used in rural cooking to day, you can purchase it from specialist suppliers.
Ingredient list for Bundt Cakes with Chocolat
- 1 cup (100g) chestnut flour
- 1 cup (100g) wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 7 oz (200g) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (20 cl) of milk
- 3 oz (80g) of dark chocolate (or milk chocolate) chips
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Melt the butter (microwave is ok). Allow to cool.
3. In a bowl, combine chestnut flour and wheat flour, sugar and a pinch of salt.
4. Break the eggs apart, separating the whites from the yolks.
5. Stir the yolks in the bowl, then mix in the melted butter. Pour in milk, stirring with a whisk: the liquid dough will thicken slightly.
6. Beat the egg whites. Incorporate them in small amounts in the previous preparation, using a spatula. Add the chocolate chips at the end.
7. Pour into muffin tins or silicone Bundt pans and bake for 20 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving.